Re: Andy, a question

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "kencol" <kencol@p...> wrote:
      > What was Andy's response to this question my son also has acetone
      breath.

      I would GUESS that this is ketosis - where the body is burning fat
      into ketone bodies and sending them around for energy because it can't
      use sugar. This is what diabetics get. I don't really KNOW that this
      is it, but any properly trained MD should be able to tell you from the
      smell, and from a very simple urine test they probably have supplies
      for in the office.

      Despite the impression I may sometimes give, properly trained doctors
      are very helpful at sorting out a lot of stuff - and I bet 'acetone
      breath' is one of the things they can sort out quickly.

      And