Re: ALA and Depression/Suicidal Thoughts

  • andrewhallcutler
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16 12:35 PM
      --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, "ebhelmick" <barbhowe1@...> wrote:

      > My 14 year old daughter suffers from Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease which is hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy. She is 14 so her childhood vaccines did contain mercury. (We no longer vaccinate) In my focus to treat her CMT, I started her on supplements that promote nerve health or delay the progression of CMT...fish oil, Evening Primrose Oil, B 12, Folic Acid and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
      >
      > I was giving her one 300 mg timed release tablet in the morning. I should have remembered that ALA is also used in Andy Cutler's protocol as I followed that protocol 7 years ago to treat my own mercury poisoning from amalgams, etc but I forgot.

      Well, don't give any more of it!

      > For the past few months she has been dealing with atypical depression with suicidal ideations. She is in a psychiatric hospital for the second time this month. She says that these suicide thoughts just come out of nowhere..they just pop in her head. Now she has had some traumatic events over the past 2 years...the CMT diagnosis and her 1/2 siblings on her father's side being taken away by the state due to substance abuse but I am wondering if the ALA I am giving her could possibly be causing or contributing to this depression

      Yes.

      >since it is pulling the mercury from her brain.

      Not from. Into. Improper use concentrates mercury into the brain. That is why it has to be used properly, on a chelating schedule, or not at all.

      >I have not stopped it yet because I am afraid of making her feel worse.
      >
      > Any advice is so very greatly appreciated. Should I stop the ALA? Could it be causing these thoughts?

      You need to stop it.

      > Thanks in advance from a very worried mom!!

      Andy

      www.noamalgam.com

      www.noamalgam.com/hairtestbook.html

      www.noamalgam.com/nourishinghope.html

      www.noamalgam.com/biologicaltreatments.html
    • ebhelmick
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16 2:22 PM
        Thank you for answering my question but I really didn't need the attitude. I was trying to HELP her CMT and made a mistake...I'm human. I have the utmost respect for your knowledge and your protocol helped me immensely but I am dealing with enough right now and I really didn't need to be kicked when I'm down.

        No thanks for that.
        --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, "andrewhallcutler" <AndyCutler@...> wrote:

        > --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, "ebhelmick" <barbhowe1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > My 14 year old daughter suffers from Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease which is hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy. She is 14 so her childhood vaccines did contain mercury. (We no longer vaccinate) In my focus to treat her CMT, I started her on supplements that promote nerve health or delay the progression of CMT...fish oil, Evening Primrose Oil, B 12, Folic Acid and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
        > >
        > > I was giving her one 300 mg timed release tablet in the morning. I should have remembered that ALA is also used in Andy Cutler's protocol as I followed that protocol 7 years ago to treat my own mercury poisoning from amalgams, etc but I forgot.
        >
        > Well, don't give any more of it!
        >
        > > For the past few months she has been dealing with atypical depression with suicidal ideations. She is in a psychiatric hospital for the second time this month. She says that these suicide thoughts just come out of nowhere..they just pop in her head. Now she has had some traumatic events over the past 2 years...the CMT diagnosis and her 1/2 siblings on her father's side being taken away by the state due to substance abuse but I am wondering if the ALA I am giving her could possibly be causing or contributing to this depression
        >
        > Yes.
        >
        > >since it is pulling the mercury from her brain.
        >
        > Not from. Into. Improper use concentrates mercury into the brain. That is why it has to be used properly, on a chelating schedule, or not at all.
        >
        > >I have not stopped it yet because I am afraid of making her feel worse.
        > >
        > > Any advice is so very greatly appreciated. Should I stop the ALA? Could it be causing these thoughts?
        >
        > You need to stop it.
        >
        > > Thanks in advance from a very worried mom!!
        >
        > Andy
        >
        > www.noamalgam.com
        >
        > www.noamalgam.com/hairtestbook.html
        >
        > www.noamalgam.com/nourishinghope.html
        >
        > www.noamalgam.com/biologicaltreatments.html

      • jtmk98.535597
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 16 5:51 PM
          I had HORRIBLE drops into depression with suicidal thoughts which I felt sure were related to going from HRT to none after my double mastectomy because I'd feel the 100 story drop inevitably right before a bad hot flash. I came across Saffron (by Exir) on Amazon - (look it up), and WOW, depression gone in about 10 days. I don't know what the mechanism is but it works! It's natural, too. I've been on it a few months now. I tell everybody whenever I hear of a depression problem. I'm used to not being able to tell any difference when I take things, but not with this.
          Teresa

          --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, "ebhelmick" <barbhowe1@...> wrote:

          > My 14 year old daughter suffers from Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease which is hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy. She is 14 so her childhood vaccines did contain mercury. (We no longer vaccinate) In my focus to treat her CMT, I started her on supplements that promote nerve health or delay the progression of CMT...fish oil, Evening Primrose Oil, B 12, Folic Acid and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
          >
          > I was giving her one 300 mg timed release tablet in the morning. I should have remembered that ALA is also used in Andy Cutler's protocol as I followed that protocol 7 years ago to treat my own mercury poisoning from amalgams, etc but I forgot.
          >
          > For the past few months she has been dealing with atypical depression with suicidal ideations. She is in a psychiatric hospital for the second time this month. She says that these suicide thoughts just come out of nowhere..they just pop in her head. Now she has had some traumatic events over the past 2 years...the CMT diagnosis and her 1/2 siblings on her father's side being taken away by the state due to substance abuse but I am wondering if the ALA I am giving her could possibly be causing or contributing to this depression since it is pulling the mercury from her brain. I have not stopped it yet because I am afraid of making her feel worse.
          >
          > Any advice is so very greatly appreciated. Should I stop the ALA? Could it be causing these thoughts?
          >
          > Thanks in advance from a very worried mom!!

        • Barb Howe
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 16 6:50 PM
            Thank you so much for that suggestion! I will definitely look into it. She had horrible reactions to 2 other medicines that they put her on but she seems to be doing better on Lexapro. I personally don't want her to be on antidepressants long term but for now we are doing what we have to. I am also going to be taking her for biofeedback and yoga so I hope they will help too.