Re: Need advice on chelation urine test

  • Pamela H
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 22, 2010
      Hair test is totally safe. Actually, you can use the Doctors Data Hair Elements test (that specific one) and post the results to this group. Their are certain skilled people here that can apply what is known as the 'counting rules' to see if your child is basically mercury toxic. I've been told that is quite reliable, as well as being able to tell you other things about your child.

      You can order that yourself, or your DAN! can order it, too. I've had several hair tests done on my son over the years.

      The Porphyrin test might have to be ordered by the doctor. I'm not 100% sure. Ours was ordered by the DAN! doctor. It is 1 urine sample, from what I remember, that is shipped from your home. The results came to me via email quite quickly, but there can be a long time to wait if there are a lot of people submitting tests. This is the lab (to pass on to your DAN! if he isn't aware) address from when we tested:

      Laboratoire Philippe Auguste
      119 Avenue Philippe Auguste
      75011 Paris France

      DMSA is safe. DMSA challenge tests (with high doses) are not. Very different. I have been using DMSA and ALA for about 100 rounds and my son is doing quite well without any negatives. He weighs 65lbs and I give him 50mgs each dose. That is a high dose, but he tolerates it well. I give it every 4 hours for 72 hours along with 25mgs ALA.

      Take care,

      Pam

      --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, Natalie Alfano <natalie_alfano@...> wrote:

      > Hello Pam thank you so much for your response. I am wondering if you have heard of doing a hair sample to test for heavy metals? Is that more accurate and safe than doing the DMSA? How does the porphyrin test work? How do I send out for it? Did your DAN doctor recommend it to you? Thanks for your help!!
      > Natalie

    • TJ Werth
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 22, 2010
        Sounds like a challenge test. Don't do it. It can be harmful and hurt your child even more.
        TJ

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 23, 2010
          Please use the hair test instead of the DMSA challenge test. Wish I had known before putting my son through it. Many weeks of regression afterwards (very stimmy, brain fog). Prior to the test, he was doing very well.

          The FAQ and "Files" section has a lot of good info. Check out Andy Cutler's interview and protocol which explains a lot.

          Direct Lab has a sale on hair elements test. Use coupon code AUT. your final cost is $60.

          All the best!
          Kareen