Re: [Autism-Mercury] Re: Amino Acids

  • William Luce
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 1, 2009
      Dana, Is whey powder GFCF??

      --- On Thu, 7/30/09, smiths4him <smiths4him@...> wrote:

      From: smiths4him <smiths4him@...>
      Subject: [Autism-Mercury] Re: Amino Acids
      To: Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 7:33 AM

      Has anyone used Bragg's Liquid Aminos? It's really considered a food, I think.

      Nanci

      --- In Autism-Mercury@ yahoogroups. com, "danasview" <danasview@. ..> wrote:

      > --- In Autism-Mercury@ yahoogroups. com, "mywonderbaby" <mywonderbaby@ > wrote:
      > > Are kids who are mercury toxic need amino acid supplements?
      > > Is there a broad spectrum Amino acid product that you can give safely to help our kids?
      >

      > My son needed aminos. I used whey protein powder as a general amino supplement, and added a few individual aminos as required.
      >
      > Dana

    • Justin Ross
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 1, 2009
        The Weston Price people say it's loaded with MSG.

        justin

      • lucy2max@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 1, 2009
          Please-could you tell me where it says this? On the westin a price website? I would like to verify for sure if this Bragg amino acid has MG, since my family has been using it on and off for years and I always thought it was GF and healthy and we use it instead of soy sauce.

          Thanks.
          Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone with SprintSpeed

          The Weston Price people say it's loaded with MSG.

          justin

          --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, "smiths4him" <smiths4him@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone used Bragg's Liquid Aminos? It's really considered a food, I think.
          >
          > Nanci

        • karicreehan
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 1, 2009
            I react to free glutamates...sometimes getting violently ill, depending on the food I ingest. I am really interested in hearing the responses to this question as well. Just the other day, someone suggested a recipe to me that included "Egg Vitol". I made a carrot cake using it and tasted the batter. Got a glutamate reaction. (a mild reaction for me is dizziness). I then proceeded to look at the label and it listed high amounts of glutamic acid. The product is made from albumin. and eggs don't bother me at all...the problem comes from the high amount of processing that turns egg white into egg white POWDER. it frees the glutamates that are bound in the natural form of the product. same reason people with this condition avoid low fat milk...because the manufacturers add dry milk POWDER back into the product after removing the fat. I knew this and should have known that the powdered product would have been problematic for me. Just wasn't thinking ;)

            I don't know the manufacturing process for Bragg's Liquid Aminos. and it's not available on their website. but it sounds like a product that packs a lot of flavor into a small amount of liquid and I know that products of that nature (very condensed liquids like fish sauce) have given me terrible glutamate reactions in the past.

            I for one, am trying to stick to natural flavorings like lemon juice and spices until I get this mercury cleared. Bryan Jepson's book states that mercury can interfere with the glutamate uptake system in the brain.

            Kari

            --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, lucy2max@... wrote:

            > Please-could you tell me where it says this? On the westin a price website? I would like to verify for sure if this Bragg amino acid has MG, since my family has been using it on and off for years and I always thought it was GF and healthy and we use it instead of soy sauce.
            >
            > Thanks.
            > Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

          • danasview
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 1, 2009
              --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, William Luce <williamjlucejr@...> wrote:

              > Dana, Is whey powder GFCF??

              Jay Robb whey protein powder is gfcf. Milk has two proteins, whey and casein. So whey is "the other protein". Some people don't tolerate ANY parts of the milk tho, not just the casein part. You can give the whey protein with an appropriate enzyme, if that is a concern you have.

              Dana
            • ronnimike
              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 1, 2009
                Not Dana, but whey is a derivative of milk...so it may or may not react with your kiddo...it sure does do a number on mine.

                I use Country Life Max Aminos...have for a number of years and we are all very sensitive to gluten, casein and lactose. We buy them thru vitacost.com.
                hth
                Ronni