Re: ALA only

    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 12, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., Jaquelyn McCandless <JMcCandless@p...>
      wrote:
      > I have not used ALA only, but am just starting to use DMSA-only for
      three
      > days followed by ALA-only for three days and then 8 days off
      (except for
      > nutrients of course). Too soon to report how this regime works, but
      the two
      > may have been competing with each other in some way. I had
      understood from
      > Andy originally that the DMSA would help alleviate side effects of
      ALA, but
      > did not observe that in some cases. Would appreciate any ideas on
      that,
      > Andy.

      DMSA Changes the side effects of ALA, but not always for the better.
      Most people like DMSA/ALA better. A few like ALA alone better. I
      don't know why this is, but if the side effects are really bothersome
      I generally suggest trying it the other way.

      DMPS + ALA is also again very different from DMSA + ALA or ALA alone -
      offering a third option. Unfortunately a more expensive one than the
      other two.

      Andy

      http://docs.yaho
    • Regina Pyle
      Message 43 of 43 , Mar 17, 2005
        Thanks Dana,

        My son is on the SCD now and his yeast is in check. We are waiting for blood and urine tests now, so we can decide when to start.

        Thanks Regina

        danasview <danasview@...> wrote:

        --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, "acureforjustin"
        <acureforjustin@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Is it effective to chelate with ALA only if Zinc and copper levels
        > are OK?

        My kids are fully chelated with ALA only. They no longer have ANY
        food problems, nor do they get "gut yeast" issues any more. My #2
        lost several stims. Both #2 and #3 gained language and other skills.

        They did also need anti-virals and several supplements.

        But ALA was very effective for my family.

        Dana

        Answers to common questions:

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT