Re: FW: Dr Buttar's new protocol

  • lanellici
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
      --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, worryfree <worryfree97@o...> wrote:

      > I wanted to inquire from other parents if they have a view on Dr
      Buttar's
      > new protocol.

      If it were me, I wouldn't want to be first in line.

      Nell
    • moriamerri
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
        wrote:

        > I wanted to inquire from other parents if they have a view on Dr
        Buttar's
        > new protocol.

        I am not a parent, but I will comment on the parts that
        I have opinions about and/or experience with. Of course,
        you can ignore my comments, if you wish, because I am
        not a parent.

        > Dr Buttar's office has asked us (after being on TD DMPS for about
        11 mos) to
        > come on IV EDTA/ozone protocol over a two month period every two
        weeks. TD
        > DMPS and TD EDTA will continue on a Mon, Wed, Fri schedule after
        the IV's

        I think IVs of EDTA (or any other chelation agent) are a BAD
        idea. I wonder what possible rationale he has for this,
        since I think it is such a bad idea.
        Besides being the most dangerous form of chelation, IVs are
        also really expensive, in case they need another strike against
        them.

        > Every 2 weeks our son will get IV EDTA and ozone (which will be
        infused in
        > his blood and given via IV) and on the second day he will get
        minerals. The
        > reason given for ozone is to reduce persistent organics in his
        system.
        > There is no test being recommended to determine if the child will
        be a good
        > candidate for ozone.

        I have been reading about ozone therapies for about 6 years,
        or maybe 7 or 8, I've lost track. I have been using ozone
        myself for about 2 years. I have a medical ozone machine
        in my home. I have read several books about ozone, and
        sometimes follow lists where people talk about it. I say
        this to establish that I am not just commenting off the
        cuff.

        I would agree that there is not a test to see if someone
        is "a good candidate" for ozone. Ozone is EXTREMELY broad
        in the kinds of things it can help. It is one of those
        therapies where many people think it MUST be a scam simply
        because it helps so MANY different things. For example,
        ozone will kill any kind of virus or bacteria (the only
        caveat is that the ozone must come in contact with it).
        If you want to learn more about this, one option is to
        read up on the "industrial" types of applications of
        ozone. Many large cities use ozone to clean their water,
        for example. Where I live (San Jose, CA) the water will
        start to be cleaned with ozone very soon. (By the way, this
        does NOT result in any theraputic effect--- the ozone is
        gone long before people drink the water.)

        The application of ozone that Buttar is suggesting for you is
        a relatively expensive application. Buying your
        own ozone set up would cost you more up front, but MUCH
        less in the long run. I am strongly biased toward do-it-yourself
        home therapies, and believe that they have very strong
        advantages --- mostly that people can actually USE THEM
        enough, providing much more chance for effectiveness.
        You can consider this, if you wish.

        I do think that the use of ozone Buttar is suggesting to
        you will reduce pathogens such as chronic viruses or
        bacteria (is that what "organics" means?)

        I also find this "new protocol" news rather fascinating,
        as I've been wondering for a long time when (if ever) the
        DAN/autism-biomedical folks would start trying ozone.
        And, since Buttar is recommending it, I imagine this may
        kick up some interest.

        > Apparently, some children are seeing good results and
        > Dr Buttar is trying this treatment on older children (greater than
        7). Dr
        > Buttar's office has provided some research on ozone done by a MD
        researcher
        > in NY whom we spoke with. The immediate reaction of this
        researcher was
        > that there has not been any study with children while ozone
        therapy is safe
        > and has been used on millions of people in Europe.

        I do not know if there are studies with children, but don't
        rule it out. Ozone is used and studied quite a lot -- in
        Europe, and also in Cuba and Russia. There is an international
        meeting about it held in Cuba (I'm not sure if it is always
        in Cuba -- I think so but not positive.) -- I think there
        is some site with zillions of papers collected.

        > The researcher was not
        > aware of Dr Buttar or his protocol on children and said that one
        needs to
        > establish first if ozone therapy is needed.

        I personally see ozone as a very useful thing, and I personally
        would use it on myself even if I thought I was in perfect health.
        As a minor example, I put ozonated olive oil on my hands every
        day.

        > I would like to hear from other parents if they have researched
        this. We
        > just don't want to do anything that is invasive.

        I consider IV's "invasive", but I'm also a real wimp --
        I don't like getting blood drawn either!

        The biggest problems (other than medical politics and cost)
        with ozone are that it is such an excellent detoxifyer that
        it results in MANY "detox reactions". For example, people who
        use ozone gas transdermally (there are multiple methods to
        do this) OFTEN get really serious really really itchy rashes.
        That is an example. I can give you other examples if you
        want, that one is one that I think is easy to "follow".
        Detox reactions make ozone "tricky" to use -- or CAN make it
        "tricky" to use -- as well as "messy" and "a pain".
        But it actually doesn't make me think less of ozone's
        potential and usefulness--- just makes it messy, tricky,
        and sometimes a real pain!

        I have heard that the injection types of applications (such
        as the one you mention) tend to have much fewer of these
        detox reactions. I have never had an injection of ozone, nor
        have I had autohemotherapy (which is what you described.
        There are 2 kinds-- major and minor, depending on the procedure
        for ozonating the blood.) I'm just repeating here what
        I have heard -- that the "office procedure" types of uses
        (injection, and
        autohemotherapy) -- where the ozone is going into the
        bloodstream -- have less detox reactions. I have heard
        some speculation as to why this might be, but I don't
        really have any opinion about it.

        You may want to consider getting some books and/or video
        tapes about ozone, just as a way to learn more and feel a
        bit more informed. The book I like is "Oxygen Healing
        Therapies" by Nathanial Altman. You should have no problem
        finding this used. You can also find a number
        of videos and books about ozone here:
        http://www.familyhealthnews.com/

        If you want to ask questions, I will answer them if I can --
        or to the extent that I can....

        Moria
      • Linda L Consaul
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
          Moria,
          Ozone is something that I have considered too for my daughter, but know very little about it at this point. Thanks for mentioning the book. Where do you get the ozonated olive oil?
          Linda C.

> [...]

          have I had autohemotherapy (which is what you described.
          There are 2 kinds-- major and minor, depending on the procedure
          for ozonating the blood.) I'm just repeating here what
          I have heard -- that the "office procedure" types of uses
          (injection, and
          autohemotherapy) -- where the ozone is going into the
          bloodstream -- have less detox reactions. I have heard
          some speculation as to why this might be, but I don't
          really have any opinion about it.

          You may want to consider getting some books and/or video
          tapes about ozone, just as a way to learn more and feel a
          bit more informed. The book I like is "Oxygen Healing
          Therapies" by Nathanial Altman. You should have no problem
          finding this used. You can also find a number
          of videos and books about ozone here:
          http://www.familyhealthnews.com/

          If you want to ask questions, I will answer them if I can --

          Answers to common questions:

          Oppositional defiance disorder Medical advice Free online medical advice

        • moriamerri
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
            --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, "Linda L Consaul"
            <lconsaul@c...> wrote:

            > Moria,
            > Ozone is something that I have considered too for my daughter,
            but know very little about it at this point. Thanks for mentioning
            the book. Where do you get the ozonated olive oil?
            > Linda C.

            Hello Linda,

            I'm always happy when there is a discussion of ozone here.

            I buy ozonated olive oil from http://www.plasmafire.com/
            It actually is not listed on the website, but he sells good
            quality ozonated olive oil which I've used for a couple years,
            at least. It is about $15 for a small container, which would
            be fine anount to try out and experiment with. I buy the larger
            container, use it for everything I can think of, and give
            some away, and it lasts me several months, at least.

            FWIW, ozonated olive oil ("ooo" from here on!) is a relatively
            LOW effectiveness form of ozone. (Technically it actually doesn't
            have ozone in it-- it has ozonites -- but we can save that for
            some other discussion -- saying that it is "relatively low
            effectiveness" is fine. Relatively low, compared to other
            forms of ozone, is still very good.) For example, if someone
            wanted to use ozone for cancer, using ozone gas would be
            much preferred over ooo. I believe I've read that ooo is
            effective for *some* skin cancers -- but, again, ozone gas
            would be "better" -- and in cases where one is working with
            a truely serious illness, then hopefully we can get the
            best form available -- then again there are always all kinds
            of time/money/resource/learning constraints. Hope I'm making
            some sense here.

            ooo is great for cuts. I've used it on infected cuts on a cat
            with great effect (although the cat was quite upset with me, as
            ooo tastes really nasty to him, and to most people.)
            I use ooo on my hands regularly, and certainly on any kind
            of cut.

            ooo is extremely helpful for gum disease -- see comment above
            that it tastes nasty to most people! On a dental
            ozone list I read, I hear that ozonated oil is good for most any
            sort of "soft tissue" type problem in the mouth.

            the big advantage of ooo is that it is pretty stable (the oil
            retains the ozonites for a long time, esp if you refridgerate
            it) and can be easily transported -- unlike ozone gas!

            also, ooo can be bought for a small amount of money -- whereas
            a medical ozone machine will cost a hefty sum (but then it will
            last for many years) -- anyway, initially a big cost to start with.
            ooo is an easier place to start for this reason.

            Moria