FW: Dr Buttar's new protocol

  • worryfree
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
      I wanted to inquire from other parents if they have a view on Dr Buttar's
      new protocol.

      Dr Buttar's office has asked us (after being on TD DMPS for about 11 mos) to
      come on IV EDTA/ozone protocol over a two month period every two weeks. TD
      DMPS and TD EDTA will continue on a Mon, Wed, Fri schedule after the IV's

      Every 2 weeks our son will get IV EDTA and ozone (which will be infused in
      his blood and given via IV) and on the second day he will get minerals. The
      reason given for ozone is to reduce persistent organics in his system.
      There is no test being recommended to determine if the child will be a good
      candidate for ozone. Apparently, some children are seeing good results and
      Dr Buttar is trying this treatment on older children (greater than 7). Dr
      Buttar's office has provided some research on ozone done by a MD researcher
      in NY whom we spoke with. The immediate reaction of this researcher was
      that there has not been any study with children while ozone therapy is safe
      and has been used on millions of people in Europe. The researcher was not
      aware of Dr Buttar or his protocol on children and said that one needs to
      establish first if ozone therapy is needed.

      I would like to hear from other parents if they have researched this. We
      just don't want to do anything that is invasive.

      Another big concern we have is the mineral supplementation is being
      recommended by Dr Buttar's office. The office looks at the essential urine
      mineral test (and not RBC) to determine the right dosage for the minerals.
      They prescribed copper which according to many doctors is a neurotoxin. We
      are just concerned about not giving adequate minerals. Can someone tell us
      the minerals on 1 day/1 day off protocol.

      Thanks for your input.

      Al

    • lanellici
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
        --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, worryfree <worryfree97@o...> wrote:

        > I wanted to inquire from other parents if they have a view on Dr
        Buttar's
        > new protocol.

        If it were me, I wouldn't want to be first in line.

        Nell
      • moriamerri
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
          wrote:

          > I wanted to inquire from other parents if they have a view on Dr
          Buttar's
          > new protocol.

          I am not a parent, but I will comment on the parts that
          I have opinions about and/or experience with. Of course,
          you can ignore my comments, if you wish, because I am
          not a parent.

          > Dr Buttar's office has asked us (after being on TD DMPS for about
          11 mos) to
          > come on IV EDTA/ozone protocol over a two month period every two
          weeks. TD
          > DMPS and TD EDTA will continue on a Mon, Wed, Fri schedule after
          the IV's

          I think IVs of EDTA (or any other chelation agent) are a BAD
          idea. I wonder what possible rationale he has for this,
          since I think it is such a bad idea.
          Besides being the most dangerous form of chelation, IVs are
          also really expensive, in case they need another strike against
          them.

          > Every 2 weeks our son will get IV EDTA and ozone (which will be
          infused in
          > his blood and given via IV) and on the second day he will get
          minerals. The
          > reason given for ozone is to reduce persistent organics in his
          system.
          > There is no test being recommended to determine if the child will
          be a good
          > candidate for ozone.

          I have been reading about ozone therapies for about 6 years,
          or maybe 7 or 8, I've lost track. I have been using ozone
          myself for about 2 years. I have a medical ozone machine
          in my home. I have read several books about ozone, and
          sometimes follow lists where people talk about it. I say
          this to establish that I am not just commenting off the
          cuff.

          I would agree that there is not a test to see if someone
          is "a good candidate" for ozone. Ozone is EXTREMELY broad
          in the kinds of things it can help. It is one of those
          therapies where many people think it MUST be a scam simply
          because it helps so MANY different things. For example,
          ozone will kill any kind of virus or bacteria (the only
          caveat is that the ozone must come in contact with it).
          If you want to learn more about this, one option is to
          read up on the "industrial" types of applications of
          ozone. Many large cities use ozone to clean their water,
          for example. Where I live (San Jose, CA) the water will
          start to be cleaned with ozone very soon. (By the way, this
          does NOT result in any theraputic effect--- the ozone is
          gone long before people drink the water.)

          The application of ozone that Buttar is suggesting for you is
          a relatively expensive application. Buying your
          own ozone set up would cost you more up front, but MUCH
          less in the long run. I am strongly biased toward do-it-yourself
          home therapies, and believe that they have very strong
          advantages --- mostly that people can actually USE THEM
          enough, providing much more chance for effectiveness.
          You can consider this, if you wish.

          I do think that the use of ozone Buttar is suggesting to
          you will reduce pathogens such as chronic viruses or
          bacteria (is that what "organics" means?)

          I also find this "new protocol" news rather fascinating,
          as I've been wondering for a long time when (if ever) the
          DAN/autism-biomedical folks would start trying ozone.
          And, since Buttar is recommending it, I imagine this may
          kick up some interest.

          > Apparently, some children are seeing good results and
          > Dr Buttar is trying this treatment on older children (greater than
          7). Dr
          > Buttar's office has provided some research on ozone done by a MD
          researcher
          > in NY whom we spoke with. The immediate reaction of this
          researcher was
          > that there has not been any study with children while ozone
          therapy is safe
          > and has been used on millions of people in Europe.

          I do not know if there are studies with children, but don't
          rule it out. Ozone is used and studied quite a lot -- in
          Europe, and also in Cuba and Russia. There is an international
          meeting about it held in Cuba (I'm not sure if it is always
          in Cuba -- I think so but not positive.) -- I think there
          is some site with zillions of papers collected.

          > The researcher was not
          > aware of Dr Buttar or his protocol on children and said that one
          needs to
          > establish first if ozone therapy is needed.

          I personally see ozone as a very useful thing, and I personally
          would use it on myself even if I thought I was in perfect health.
          As a minor example, I put ozonated olive oil on my hands every
          day.

          > I would like to hear from other parents if they have researched
          this. We
          > just don't want to do anything that is invasive.

          I consider IV's "invasive", but I'm also a real wimp --
          I don't like getting blood drawn either!

          The biggest problems (other than medical politics and cost)
          with ozone are that it is such an excellent detoxifyer that
          it results in MANY "detox reactions". For example, people who
          use ozone gas transdermally (there are multiple methods to
          do this) OFTEN get really serious really really itchy rashes.
          That is an example. I can give you other examples if you
          want, that one is one that I think is easy to "follow".
          Detox reactions make ozone "tricky" to use -- or CAN make it
          "tricky" to use -- as well as "messy" and "a pain".
          But it actually doesn't make me think less of ozone's
          potential and usefulness--- just makes it messy, tricky,
          and sometimes a real pain!

          I have heard that the injection types of applications (such
          as the one you mention) tend to have much fewer of these
          detox reactions. I have never had an injection of ozone, nor
          have I had autohemotherapy (which is what you described.
          There are 2 kinds-- major and minor, depending on the procedure
          for ozonating the blood.) I'm just repeating here what
          I have heard -- that the "office procedure" types of uses
          (injection, and
          autohemotherapy) -- where the ozone is going into the
          bloodstream -- have less detox reactions. I have heard
          some speculation as to why this might be, but I don't
          really have any opinion about it.

          You may want to consider getting some books and/or video
          tapes about ozone, just as a way to learn more and feel a
          bit more informed. The book I like is "Oxygen Healing
          Therapies" by Nathanial Altman. You should have no problem
          finding this used. You can also find a number
          of videos and books about ozone here:
          http://www.familyhealthnews.com/

          If you want to ask questions, I will answer them if I can --
          or to the extent that I can....

          Moria
        • Linda L Consaul
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
            Moria,
            Ozone is something that I have considered too for my daughter, but know very little about it at this point. Thanks for mentioning the book. Where do you get the ozonated olive oil?
            Linda C.

> [...]

            have I had autohemotherapy (which is what you described.
            There are 2 kinds-- major and minor, depending on the procedure
            for ozonating the blood.) I'm just repeating here what
            I have heard -- that the "office procedure" types of uses
            (injection, and
            autohemotherapy) -- where the ozone is going into the
            bloodstream -- have less detox reactions. I have heard
            some speculation as to why this might be, but I don't
            really have any opinion about it.

            You may want to consider getting some books and/or video
            tapes about ozone, just as a way to learn more and feel a
            bit more informed. The book I like is "Oxygen Healing
            Therapies" by Nathanial Altman. You should have no problem
            finding this used. You can also find a number
            of videos and books about ozone here:
            http://www.familyhealthnews.com/

            If you want to ask questions, I will answer them if I can --

            Answers to common questions:

            Oppositional defiance disorder Medical advice Free online medical advice

          • moriamerri
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
              --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, "Linda L Consaul"
              <lconsaul@c...> wrote:

              > Moria,
              > Ozone is something that I have considered too for my daughter,
              but know very little about it at this point. Thanks for mentioning
              the book. Where do you get the ozonated olive oil?
              > Linda C.

              Hello Linda,

              I'm always happy when there is a discussion of ozone here.

              I buy ozonated olive oil from http://www.plasmafire.com/
              It actually is not listed on the website, but he sells good
              quality ozonated olive oil which I've used for a couple years,
              at least. It is about $15 for a small container, which would
              be fine anount to try out and experiment with. I buy the larger
              container, use it for everything I can think of, and give
              some away, and it lasts me several months, at least.

              FWIW, ozonated olive oil ("ooo" from here on!) is a relatively
              LOW effectiveness form of ozone. (Technically it actually doesn't
              have ozone in it-- it has ozonites -- but we can save that for
              some other discussion -- saying that it is "relatively low
              effectiveness" is fine. Relatively low, compared to other
              forms of ozone, is still very good.) For example, if someone
              wanted to use ozone for cancer, using ozone gas would be
              much preferred over ooo. I believe I've read that ooo is
              effective for *some* skin cancers -- but, again, ozone gas
              would be "better" -- and in cases where one is working with
              a truely serious illness, then hopefully we can get the
              best form available -- then again there are always all kinds
              of time/money/resource/learning constraints. Hope I'm making
              some sense here.

              ooo is great for cuts. I've used it on infected cuts on a cat
              with great effect (although the cat was quite upset with me, as
              ooo tastes really nasty to him, and to most people.)
              I use ooo on my hands regularly, and certainly on any kind
              of cut.

              ooo is extremely helpful for gum disease -- see comment above
              that it tastes nasty to most people! On a dental
              ozone list I read, I hear that ozonated oil is good for most any
              sort of "soft tissue" type problem in the mouth.

              the big advantage of ooo is that it is pretty stable (the oil
              retains the ozonites for a long time, esp if you refridgerate
              it) and can be easily transported -- unlike ozone gas!

              also, ooo can be bought for a small amount of money -- whereas
              a medical ozone machine will cost a hefty sum (but then it will
              last for many years) -- anyway, initially a big cost to start with.
              ooo is an easier place to start for this reason.

              Moria