Re: Writing Letters

  • lhupman@kenyon.com
    Message 1 of 59 , Apr 1, 2001
      Last spring, Morgan Cely Cain (from Calontir, I believe) taught a
      class called "Writing Letters in the Medieval Style." I don't know if
      she had a handout, but I'd be glad to ask for you.

      Rose

      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Venera di
      Nardiello"<venera_di_nardiello@r...> wrote:
      > I have just written an email to a SCAdian whom I don't know and
      started thinking.

      > Yes, it can be a dangerous thing for me to start thinking. This is
      how a simple dress becomes a court gown with semi-precious stones
      beading the sleeves. <G>

      > I would like to begin to write in a more period fashion. Granted,
      email is a very casual medium, but at least nice greetings and
      closings would be a good thing?

      > Is there a book or compiliation somehwere of letter openings and
      closings? I have always enjoyed seeing such on emails, but am not
      very creative (yet) in this area.

    • aheilvei@uiuc.edu
      Message 59 of 59 , Apr 23, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Steven Proctor" <sproctor@b...> wrote:
        > Just because it's LOUD, dosen't mean it's not calm....
        >
        > :-D
        >
        > Morgan
        >
        > > Oh yeah, you guys know how to debate calmly...
        > >
        > > Despina? Can I sleep in your camp?
        > >
        > > Kass

        Even so, Morgan, Kass may sleep in my camp anytime she wishes.

        Despina
        if she's brave enough.....