Re: [Authentic_SCA] Medieval Letter Writing

  • L Joseph
    Message 1 of 202 , Apr 2, 2001
      Lady Jehanne de Wodeford of Rusted Woodlands sendeth
      greetings unto the members of the list.

      Tournaments Illuminated, Issue #131, Summer 1999
      included "The Ars Dictaminis or Medieval Art of Letter
      Writing" by Juliana Avenel. Praised be this good
      lady's name that I might never have to sign a letter
      "YIS."

      Jehanne here endeth with prayers of good fortune and
      health for the members of the list. (Ick. Doesn't
      QUITE work for e-mail, but one can try.)

      =====
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

    • Mary Higgins
      Message 202 of 202 , Apr 4, 2001
        My apologies if this has already been answered -

        Some kingdoms are "pay for play" meaning you have to be a member to fight, others (such as the East) are not.  I believe that you can authorize at Wat but if you do so, you can not actually participate in any of the battles.  Now, how well all of that is (and can be) policed is another matter.  I don't believe that there are Tuchux "legally" authorizing at War and then fighting.

        I've gotta run to a meeting - sorry this is so abrupt!

        Margarete