Writing Letters

  • Venera di Nardiello
    Message 1 of 59 , Apr 1, 2001
      I have just written an email to a SCAdian whom I don't know and started thinking.

      Yes, it can be a dangerous thing for me to start thinking. This is how a simple dress becomes a court gown with semi-precious stones beading the sleeves. <G>

      I would like to begin to write in a more period fashion. Granted, email is a very casual medium, but at least nice greetings and closings would be a good thing?

      Is there a book or compiliation somehwere of letter openings and closings? I have always enjoyed seeing such on emails, but am not very creative (yet) in this area.

      Thank you for your assistance. (which is my most commonly used business closing. <G>)

      Venera di Nardiello

      Runbox Mail Manager - www.runbox.com
      Free online email application
    • aheilvei@uiuc.edu
      Message 59 of 59 , Apr 23, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Steven Proctor" <sproctor@b...> wrote:
        > Just because it's LOUD, dosen't mean it's not calm....
        >
        > :-D
        >
        > Morgan
        >
        > > Oh yeah, you guys know how to debate calmly...
        > >
        > > Despina? Can I sleep in your camp?
        > >
        > > Kass

        Even so, Morgan, Kass may sleep in my camp anytime she wishes.

        Despina
        if she's brave enough.....