Re: [Authentic_SCA] Being snarkity

  • atterlep@cs.com
    Message 1 of 202 , Apr 1 7:01 AM
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > > In Calontir, which is a child of the Middle Kingdom,
      > > the Seneschals have all the power of appointment and
      > > take letters and then decide which person they can get
      > > along with.

      In the Midrealm, a local seneschal who tried that would be removed by the regional seneschal. In fact, I know a seneschal who *did* try it; he wasn't removed from office, but that's only because his group gave him the chance to quit before he was reported to the regional. He wisely took it.

      Fairfax
    • Mary Higgins
      Message 202 of 202 , Apr 4 2:46 PM
        My apologies if this has already been answered -

        Some kingdoms are "pay for play" meaning you have to be a member to fight, others (such as the East) are not.  I believe that you can authorize at Wat but if you do so, you can not actually participate in any of the battles.  Now, how well all of that is (and can be) policed is another matter.  I don't believe that there are Tuchux "legally" authorizing at War and then fighting.

        I've gotta run to a meeting - sorry this is so abrupt!

        Margarete