Re: [Authentic_SCA] Dragging them into the light and more

  • caoilte
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 31, 2001
      Try this URL. It isn't clear enough to take patterns from, but it is
      helpful. http://omni.cc.purdue.edu/~wtv/tibet/clothes.html

      This one has cool links. including the preceding page.
      http://www.9v.com/crystal/kerij-e/docs/tibetan_links.htm

      I will keep looking.

      Dorje

    • stephen higa
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 2, 2001
        > In the past two tourney seasons, this has resulted in:

        Plazme, direvos, Sajah! You do us proud! It's amazing that you can have so
        much influence!

        > Does anyone have any suggestions for bringing the rest
        > of the household "into the light"??

        Performing arts (especially stories) are a good way to get people to play
        persona. Also, your practice of maintaining an Enchanted Ground withing a
        certain radius is great! I've tried that, and it works (for the most part).
        Also, doing and using period things might "shame" people into striving for
        more accuracy. ;) Most people are willing to play with you if you set a
        good example.

        > I really need to get started on this, but I am
        > one who has a very hard time trying to extrapolate a
        > pattern from a small photo or line drawing (which is
        > all I have been able to find on Tibet).

        Try medieval Africa (a project I'm fantasizing about doing)! Oh, and 8th c.
        Japan! That's right, Kass and Effingham, I've decided to tweak my Japanese
        persona back to the Nara period, just because!

        Moshe
        Only a voice,
        A dim voice whispers where the shadow of a man
        Visibly lay, but when I looked
        It had vanished--
        This flickering form...
        Like haze over the fields.

        --Seami Motokiyo (1363-1444)
      • Kass McGann
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
          > Try medieval Africa (a project I'm fantasizing about doing)! Oh, and 8th
          c.
          > Japan! That's right, Kass and Effingham, I've decided to tweak my
          Japanese
          > persona back to the Nara period, just because!

          Gof or it, Moshe! If you need any costume info, I'm your source!

          Kass
        • Lady Eanswyth de Burthoswald
          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
            > Gof or it, Moshe! If you need any costume info, I'm your source!
            >
            > Kass

            KASS!!! Did you just say COSTUME? Bad historian, no cookie.
            You're the one who taught me that I don't want to wear costumes
            except on Halloween.

            Eanswyth
          • Kass McGann
            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
              > KASS!!! Did you just say COSTUME? Bad historian, no cookie.
              > You're the one who taught me that I don't want to wear costumes
              > except on Halloween.

              <cough choke weeze sputter gasp>

              I *meant* "costume" as in the first definition of the term:

              "1. A prevalent fashion of dress, including garments, accessories, and
              hairstyle. "

              Not the second:

              "2. A style of dress characteristic of a particular country, period, or
              people, often worn in a play or at a masquerade. An outfit or a disguise
              worn on Mardi Gras, Halloween, or similar occasions: Dressed up as a
              gigantic chicken, she won the prize for the best costume."

              In her own defense,
              Kass
            • Sajah bint Ibrahim
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 8, 2001
                I want to thank everyone for their ideas for helping
                me drag my household kicking and screaming into the
                middle ages.

                I am going to try some things, and will keep everyone
                updated as to success (or if I get tossed into a
                kettle of boiling oil and served up like fish and
                chips).

                Sajah

                http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
              • Kass McGann
                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 9, 2001
                  > I want to thank everyone for their ideas for helping
                  > me drag my household kicking and screaming into the
                  > middle ages.
                  >
                  > I am going to try some things, and will keep everyone
                  > updated as to success (or if I get tossed into a
                  > kettle of boiling oil and served up like fish and
                  > chips).

                  Keep fighting The Good Fight, Sajah! Good luck!

                  Kass