Re: [Authentic_SCA] Good Morning...

  • Steven Proctor
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 2, 2001
      "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" wrote:

      > At 09:04 AM 7/2/2001 -0400, you wrote:
      >
      >> Yep. Rained on again. I'm beginning to think it's a plot...
      >

      > Of course it's a plot, silly. As soon as the weather demons heard
      > that you were heralding for the reign they decided to remind you of
      > the real meaning of the word rain. ;^D

      Well I've been saying all weekend "No matter how you spell it I'm
      getting tired of the reign/rain". Hmmm. That appears to be a verbal-only
      joke...

      >> Anyway, I made it home.
      >
      > And we are all so relieved! :) Sounds like the ride was a real
      > horror.

      Well, about an hour of it was. The rest was actually beautiful. Up in
      the Adirondacs the summer storms are sudden, usually brief, and quickly
      gone. It was sunny clear and bright the rest of the time.

      > Usually when something of that nature happens it is a sign, yes.

      See below. :-)

      <snip, snip>

      Well, a good weekend for you, eh? Congratulations all 'round! :-D

      Ta

      Morgan

      --
      Rain -- violent torrents of it, rain like fetid water from a God-sized
      pot of pasta strained through a sky-wide colander, rain as Noah knew it,
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 2, 2001
        >We should put together our own list of terms: Frankensteining,
        >pseudo-celtoid filkmonkeys...

        I've been debating whether to put these in (and Celtigoth, too). They are,
        after all, slang terms, and like most slang their usage denotes membership
        in a specific social group (ie, this list) ;-) Maybe I'll use them...and
        credit the originators, of course :-) (Who did the filkmonkey one? Jehanne??)

        Vittoria the pseudo-linguist