Re: Good Morning...

  • rowengr@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 2 7:22 AM
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:

      > How was everyone else's weekend?
      >
      > Ta
      >
      > Morgan
      >
      > ...Down Periscope. Dive, Dive...

      I'll trade you some of our weather for some of your weather? It's
      been in the upper 90s, about 35% humidity (which is downright muggy
      for Denver) and bone dry. We have three middlin' sized forest fires
      in the state at the moment. At least, since we're technically
      high-desert climate, things cool down at night.

      I spent yesterday bottling & racking mead, & sewing in front of the
      fan. *Too* hot here. I understand from folk who went to a camping
      event in southern Wyoming (about 150 miles away) that it was not
      significantly cooler there. Since they're having the Baronial
      investiture at the Pawnee National Grasslands next weekend, I am
      making a nice new Romano-British outfit in nice *thin* linen.

      Rowen

      (I love my air-conditioned office)
    • Ariane Helou
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 2 11:19 PM
        >We should put together our own list of terms: Frankensteining,
        >pseudo-celtoid filkmonkeys...

        I've been debating whether to put these in (and Celtigoth, too). They are,
        after all, slang terms, and like most slang their usage denotes membership
        in a specific social group (ie, this list) ;-) Maybe I'll use them...and
        credit the originators, of course :-) (Who did the filkmonkey one? Jehanne??)

        Vittoria the pseudo-linguist