Good Morning...

  • Steven Proctor
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 2, 2001
      ...Up Periscope, surface to broadcast depth...

      Unterzeeboot Commandant Morgan, Reporting for Duty.

      Yep. Rained on again. I'm beginning to think it's a plot... Saturday it
      rained briefly, after the sky going black and rumbling ominously for a
      while. Cleared up enough to do court outside...

      Woke up to the crash of thunder on Sunday, which will impress those of
      you who know mw, as I can sleep through damn near anything. Again,
      capricious weather, it cleared up enough to *almost* dry the tents, and
      let us get packed, before raining again. The Northway was down to about
      5 miles an hour, couldn't see much at all, cars all pulled over on the
      side, those of us still driving were leaving wakes, damn near got blown
      off the Thaddeus Kozciusko bridge... What Fun!

      Anyway, I made it home. I have also been presented, by one of my *dear*
      subjects, with a space chimpanzee. Obviously it's time to change my sig
      line.... :-D

      How was everyone else's weekend?

      Ta

      Morgan

      ...Down Periscope. Dive, Dive...

      --
      The countdown had stalled at T minus 69 seconds when Desiree, the first
      female ape to go up in space, winked at me slyly and pouted her thick,
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 2, 2001
        >We should put together our own list of terms: Frankensteining,
        >pseudo-celtoid filkmonkeys...

        I've been debating whether to put these in (and Celtigoth, too). They are,
        after all, slang terms, and like most slang their usage denotes membership
        in a specific social group (ie, this list) ;-) Maybe I'll use them...and
        credit the originators, of course :-) (Who did the filkmonkey one? Jehanne??)

        Vittoria the pseudo-linguist