Re: [Authentic_SCA] Evolution addict (was Re: Megge patterns..help?)

  • Kirrily Robert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2001
      Elisabetta wrote:

      >I completely understand, Kass. The only way I can tell when stuff happened
      >in history is by what they were wearing! :-)

      You should see me in a museum with inadequate labelling, like the
      Isabella Stewart Gardner museum in Boston. I was going round looking at
      things saying, "Hrm, by the lace and the sleeve design, I'd say 1560
      Spanish" and so on. A few weeks later at the Philly Art Museum I'd told
      the friend I was with that I was looking for 16C stuff. She'd be across
      the room and say "This one says 1520" and I'd take a brief glance and
      say "Nah, it's German" or something and I'd be right most of the time.

      It's a fun skill to have, and people who don't do costume tend to be
      totally bewildered by it. Especially when you can only recite kings of
      England by remembering what they wore.

      Yours,

      Katherine

      --
      Lady Katherine Robillard (mka Kirrily "Skud" Robert)
      katherine@... http://infotrope.net/sca/