Re: OT: ballet arms

  • historian@reconstructinghistory.com
    Message 1 of 85 , Jun 28, 2001
      > Depends on which variety of ballroom. The vintage, vernacular and
      > good social dancers would all be repulsed by "ballet arms" but
      > the "competetive" (aka International Dancesport, a very bad thing!)
      > dancers try to add class and legitimacy to what they do by layering
      > on ballet. (we all know that the best way to add class to anything
      > is to mix it willy-nilly with bits and pieces you don't really
      > understand snagged from something else classy!)

      HA! Why don't they try "ballet feet" then? Let's see them try to be
      classy and end up trodding all over each other!

      Ballroom is ballroom and ballet is ballet and just like medieval re-
      enactment and Rev War re-enactments, they should be two distinct
      things.

      Kass
    • historian@reconstructinghistory.com
      Message 85 of 85 , Jun 28, 2001