Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Religion

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 62 , Feb 21, 2001
      All I can say is thank you to Justin and Jehanne! I wanted to say this but
      was a little afraid of pointing the finger. I try to respect everyone's
      belief, but it seems both the relgious belief of my persona and my personal
      belief get the "White Anglo-Saxon Male" treatment, if you know what I mean.
      Hell, I'm a Catholic. We make great sport out of making fun of our own
      religion. Still doesn't mean I like to have it driven out of SCA events
      when it was a big part of medieval life.

      Don't get me wrong. I'm not condoning mass at Court. But religious
      personae and relgion-related activities were part of everyday life and I
      think that can be protrayed without being offensive. It's just like how
      Kate and Moshe can portray religions in which they have no personal faith.

      Kass

      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 7, 2001
        > It was indeed magical...well, up until a boot came flying out the tent of
        > someone with a hangover and hit the caller!
        >
        > Allaaaaahu akb- ow! :o)

        no, really??

        Okay, I'm going to try it at the next event. Of course, I'll have to wake
        up at dawn, but there you go.

        I don't have a Muslim persona, but no one will know who it is, they'll just
        hear it ringing out. I hope to create "magic moments" for people by doing
        that, especially the Muslim personae who just might follow the summons and
        kneel to face Mecca in prayer.

        Moshe
        Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
        menhs en cort que de belh saber