Re: [Authentic_SCA] Religion

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 62 , Feb 21, 2001
      > Oh, this comes to something else: A few folks and I were fantasizing
      about
      > one day putting on a Mystery play / othere liturgical drama around Easter
      > time with as much authenticity as possible (sans the Cathedral, &c.
      :))...Of
      > course, this would be religious in nature, and, being a play, would seem
      "an
      > official part of an event." Should we not do this? Of course, we could
      > choose one mainly moral in nature, with little overt references to
      > Christianity...

      I would do it, Moshe, because it's a play. Putting on a play about a
      Christian theme is quite a different thing from having Mass in the middle of
      an event. Do you think?

      Kass
    • stephen higa
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 7, 2001
        > It was indeed magical...well, up until a boot came flying out the tent of
        > someone with a hangover and hit the caller!
        >
        > Allaaaaahu akb- ow! :o)

        no, really??

        Okay, I'm going to try it at the next event. Of course, I'll have to wake
        up at dawn, but there you go.

        I don't have a Muslim persona, but no one will know who it is, they'll just
        hear it ringing out. I hope to create "magic moments" for people by doing
        that, especially the Muslim personae who just might follow the summons and
        kneel to face Mecca in prayer.

        Moshe
        Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
        menhs en cort que de belh saber