Re: [Authentic_SCA] Religion

  • Kate Jones
    Message 1 of 62 , Feb 20 6:29 AM
      moshe sez:

      > Oh, this comes to something else: A few folks and I were fantasizing
      > about one day putting on a Mystery play / othere liturgical drama
      > around Easter time with as much authenticity as possible (sans the
      > Cathedral, &c. :))...O= f course, this would be religious in nature,
      > and, being a play, would seem "a= n official part of an event."
      > Should we not do this? Of course, we could choose one mainly moral
      > in nature, with little overt references to Christianity...

      Hrm. Depending on presentation and where it was held, I'd think this
      could be possible - as long as it was made clear that you were just a
      group who _happened_ to be holding a play at this event, and that the
      local group wasn't sponsoring the play in any way. I'd get a few mre
      opinions than mine, though, in this case.

      > hee hee, TELL me about it:
      >
      > Moshe
      > mundanely [mostly] Christian
      > in persona a devout Jew

      Yeah...excitin', innit? :)

      Kat'ryna
      --
      Kate Jones | I turned my world upside-down
      kate@... | and that's how everything landed...
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 7, 2001
        > It was indeed magical...well, up until a boot came flying out the tent of
        > someone with a hangover and hit the caller!
        >
        > Allaaaaahu akb- ow! :o)

        no, really??

        Okay, I'm going to try it at the next event. Of course, I'll have to wake
        up at dawn, but there you go.

        I don't have a Muslim persona, but no one will know who it is, they'll just
        hear it ringing out. I hope to create "magic moments" for people by doing
        that, especially the Muslim personae who just might follow the summons and
        kneel to face Mecca in prayer.

        Moshe
        Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
        menhs en cort que de belh saber