Re: [Authentic_SCA] Religion

  • stephen higa
    Message 1 of 62 , Feb 18 4:38 PM
      Re: [Authentic_SCA] Religion

      > Beyond that, there are no restrictions reguarding the _personal_ observation of religion.
      > And if you chance to go to Pensic War, you may want to check out
      > http://members.tripod.com/~whitebard/ghetto.htm -- Mordechai Reuven runs an
      > encampment enclosed by an _eruv_, and if they have a _minyan_, they hold a _Maariv_
      > on Friday night.

      Hey, that sounds cool!  Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to Pennsic any time soon...But I'd DEFINITELY want to check out Duke Cariadoc's Enchanted Ground...Has anybody ever participated in that?

      Moshe Mantega
      "How can I deign to caress your rose-dressed cheeks
      When I will soon be dressed in myrrh, a shroud, and the cold earth?"

                                              --Moshe ibn Yishma'el, 1164

    • stephen higa
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 7, 2001
        > It was indeed magical...well, up until a boot came flying out the tent of
        > someone with a hangover and hit the caller!
        >
        > Allaaaaahu akb- ow! :o)

        no, really??

        Okay, I'm going to try it at the next event. Of course, I'll have to wake
        up at dawn, but there you go.

        I don't have a Muslim persona, but no one will know who it is, they'll just
        hear it ringing out. I hope to create "magic moments" for people by doing
        that, especially the Muslim personae who just might follow the summons and
        kneel to face Mecca in prayer.

        Moshe
        Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
        menhs en cort que de belh saber