Religion

  • stephen higa
    Message 1 of 62 , Feb 17 7:12 PM
      I was just made aware of some prohibitions in the Society having to do with
      religious displays; just what are these, and how do they affect personae who
      are, for example, highly religious Jews and Buddhist monks? For the latter,
      my clothing is very obviously Judaic, and I have been known to quote the
      Torah, Talmud, and ancient Rabbis when the occasion calls for it. Is this
      allowed?

      Moshe
      "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just."

      --Thomas Jefferson
    • stephen higa
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 7, 2001
        > It was indeed magical...well, up until a boot came flying out the tent of
        > someone with a hangover and hit the caller!
        >
        > Allaaaaahu akb- ow! :o)

        no, really??

        Okay, I'm going to try it at the next event. Of course, I'll have to wake
        up at dawn, but there you go.

        I don't have a Muslim persona, but no one will know who it is, they'll just
        hear it ringing out. I hope to create "magic moments" for people by doing
        that, especially the Muslim personae who just might follow the summons and
        kneel to face Mecca in prayer.

        Moshe
        Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
        menhs en cort que de belh saber