crusader goose, was Re: official vs non official saints (was Re: Letter writing -...

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2001
      >Message: 4
      > Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:04:48 EDT
      > From: constancefairfax@...
      >Subject: Re: official vs non official saints (was Re: Letter writing -...
      >
      >Did you ever hear the story of the Crusade that was led by a divinely
      >inspired Goose?
      >
      >Oh, do tell!
      >
      >Cosntance, whose other persona is a Lollard

      Honestly you've already heard about all I know, I saw it on a BBC program
      called 'The Crusades' (original title huh?) it was presented by Terry
      Gillham (one of the Monty Python boys). It contained a really short segment
      on how one village decided that this goose had been inspired by God and it
      would lead them to the Holy Land. I'm sure you can imagine the results, the
      original wild goose chase. Beyond that I don't know, maybe someone else
      does?
      Elizabeth