Re: [Authentic_SCA] digression/Period cures for maladies

  • Cynthia Virtue
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      > Sure lets just rub Mercury on ourselves.

      It's how they preserve vaccines to this day -- thimerosal -- allthough
      it's illegal in some places outside the US.

      >..and while we are at it lets
      > ingest some arsenic for good measure.

      Easy to do if you saw pressure-treated wood.

      --
      One man's fish is another man's _poisson._ -- Fozzie Bear
    • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        Cynthia Virtue <cvirtue@t...> wrote:

        > > Sure lets just rub Mercury on ourselves.
        >
        > It's how they preserve vaccines to this day -- thimerosal --
        allthough
        > it's illegal in some places outside the US.

        EWEeeeee, makes you want to think twice about what you let them put
        into your body. I think i'll stick with herbal tea. Those saints
        medals are looking better and better.

        > >..and while we are at it lets
        > > ingest some arsenic for good measure.
        >
        > Easy to do if you saw pressure-treated wood.

        Well cross off wood working from my list.....now I have to wonder
        what sort of chemicals they put into fabrics. If it's the chemicals
        they use on wool that make you itch, not really the wool, what else
        is in their?
        - Brynn
        Good thing I alway prewash the fabric.
        > One man's fish is another man's _poisson._ -- Fozzie Bear
      • L Joseph
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          --- s_krasley@... wrote:
          > EWEeeeee, makes you want to think twice about what
          > you let them put into your body. I think i'll stick
          > with herbal tea. Those saints medals are looking
          > better and better.

          Y'know, a lot of people think "Chemical bad. Herbal
          good." They forget that herbs ARE chemicals. Like
          foxglove (digitalis) and meadowsweet (which is the
          plant that produces the "aspirin" compound).

          Then again, I live in New Jersey - I'm either immune
          or totally screwed. Since I haven't manifested any
          supersecret mutant powers....

          Have a good weekend!

          Jehanne

          > > >..and while we are at it lets
          > > > ingest some arsenic for good measure.
          > >
          > > Easy to do if you saw pressure-treated wood.
          > >

          > Well cross off wood working from my list.....now I
          > have to wonder
          > what sort of chemicals they put into fabrics. If
          > it's the chemicals
          > they use on wool that make you itch, not really the
          > wool, what else
          > is in their?
          > - Brynn
          > Good thing I alway prewash the fabric.
          > > One man's fish is another man's _poisson._ --
          > Fozzie Bear

          =====
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

          a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
            -
            > Y'know, a lot of people think "Chemical bad. Herbal
            > good." They forget that herbs ARE chemicals. Like
            > foxglove (digitalis) and meadowsweet (which is the
            > plant that produces the "aspirin" compound).

            That's right I've got to remember DO NOT put the foxglove in the
            salad. Parsley yes, mugwort no, sage yes, belladonna no,....
            ANd the morning glories....tee hee...no they don't go in the cook pot
            either.
            Living next to Limerick nuclear power plant is enough to give anyone
            superhuman powers. But hey if I glow in the dark I won't need a
            flashlight at Pennsic.
            - Brynn
          • unclrashid@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2001
              --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., s_krasley@r... wrote:
              > I have to wonder
              > what sort of chemicals they put into fabrics. If it's the chemicals
              > they use on wool that make you itch, not really the wool, what else
              > is in their?
              > - Brynn
              > Good thing I alway prewash the fabric.

              There is formaldehyde in all comercial fabrics, but it does wash
              out. But I wouldn't worry too much about fabric, there is even more
              formaldehyde in carpet, panelling, fibreboard, and stuff like that,
              and you can't wash that out!

              Rashid