Re: [Authentic_SCA] Probably more than you needed to know about Brittany...

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      The upshot of all this being that Brittany is really part of France from 11mumblemumble on. The Duke is a Peer of the Realm of France, fights in the King (when he can't weasel out...), enforces the Kings law (when he can't weasel out...) and  answers for his actions to the King (when he can't weasel out...). :-D

      The 'when he can't weasel out of it' parts being key here.  See, I do know a little about the world outside of my pretty little valley.

      Despina de la triumphant

      ps, if Louis XII had gotten a child with Mary Tudor, Brittany actually would have been split between Claude and her sister, Renee.  Francis would have only gotten half.  But when you are King.....