Re: from today in medieval history...

  • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil <heilveil@u...> wrote:
      > In 1283 Charles of Anjou enters Bordeaux
      > And what a great meal is would be??? :-)

      Pears in wine?

      > Actually, this post is in honor of:
      > In 1495 1st written record of Scotch whiskey appears in
      > Exchequer Rolls

      I do hope it was a single malt!
      - Brynn
    • L Joseph
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        --- s_krasley@... wrote:
        > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil
        > <heilveil@u...> wrote:
        > > In 1283 Charles of Anjou enters Bordeaux
        > > And what a great meal is would be??? :-)
        >
        > Pears in wine?
        Mmmm, poached in a nice red with a little sugar,
        cloves, nutmeg....

        Jehanne

        =====
        Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          > --- s_krasley@r... wrote:
          > > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil
          > > <heilveil@u...> wrote:
          > > > In 1283 Charles of Anjou enters Bordeaux
          > > > And what a great meal is would be??? :-)
          > >
          > > Pears in wine?
          > Mmmm, poached in a nice red with a little sugar,
          > cloves, nutmeg....
          >
          > Jehanne

          Stop you are making me hungry and all I have is a soft pretzel nd
          diet coke.......
          - Brynn
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
            At 05:14 PM 6/1/2001 +0000, you wrote:

            > --- s_krasley@r... wrote:
            > > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil
            > > <heilveil@u...> wrote:
            > > >        In 1283 Charles of Anjou enters Bordeaux
            > > > And what a great meal is would be???  :-)
            > >
            > > Pears in wine?
            > Mmmm, poached in a nice red with a little sugar,
            > cloves, nutmeg....
            >
            > Jehanne

            It's not period documentable, but a little bit of freshly made whipped cream on top of pears in wine syrup is divine.............