Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: A&S displays (was Midrealm A&S), Food displays

  • Laurie Hupman
    Message 1 of 59 , Jun 1, 2001
      --- "Liz (Giovanna)" <valkyr8@...> wrote:
      > What they have done is a Baronial Open House, Friday
      > evening of the
      > event. People donate snack food and drinks for the
      > main buffet but
      > we also have Showcases. At the Open House they
      > feature both B&V and
      > Food artisans. 4 tables are set up and each person
      > has 20 minutes to
      > distribute their food or beverage to the crowd.
      > It's kind of like
      > getting samples in the grocery store or wine shop.
      > Each showcaser is
      > required to have a sign showing what people are
      > trying that evening.
      > Docummentation is not required and feed back is
      > mostly word of mouth
      > during the tasting or afterwards.

      We've asked people to bring copies of their
      documentation so that it's available to pass out. It
      doesn't have to be as detailed as docs for
      competition, but the bare minimum we request is a list
      of ingredients. What we usually see is a copy of the
      recipe and basic process.

      > Two tables are open at a time, one with food, one
      > with beverage;
      > closing the other 2 allows the next showcasers to
      > set up their
      > stuff. I participated in the first 2 Showcases and
      > really loved it.
      > It's great because you can show off a dish that may
      > be too involved
      > to serve at a feast. Last year we had someone
      > distributing Haggis,
      > it was great!

      So how many do you usually showcase in an evening? I
      have to admit, the mental image I'm getting is
      starting to look like a food gauntlet <g>.

      > I love the idea of the food court as well. Hope you
      > don't mind if I
      > copy it.

      Please do. I'll probably borrow the food showcase, as
      well.

      Rose

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Laurie Hupman