from today in medieval history...

  • Jeff Heilveil
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      In 1283 Charles of Anjou enters Bordeaux
      And what a great meal is would be??? :-)

      Actually, this post is in honor of:
      In 1495 1st written record of Scotch whiskey appears in
      Exchequer Rolls

      Jeffrey Heilveil M.S. Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W.
      Department of Entomology A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent
      University of Illinois
      heilveil@...
      home: (217) 355-5702
    • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil <heilveil@u...> wrote:
        > In 1283 Charles of Anjou enters Bordeaux
        > And what a great meal is would be??? :-)

        Pears in wine?

        > Actually, this post is in honor of:
        > In 1495 1st written record of Scotch whiskey appears in
        > Exchequer Rolls

        I do hope it was a single malt!
        - Brynn
      • L Joseph
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          --- s_krasley@... wrote:
          > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil
          > <heilveil@u...> wrote:
          > > In 1283 Charles of Anjou enters Bordeaux
          > > And what a great meal is would be??? :-)
          >
          > Pears in wine?
          Mmmm, poached in a nice red with a little sugar,
          cloves, nutmeg....

          Jehanne

          =====
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

          a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
            > --- s_krasley@r... wrote:
            > > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil
            > > <heilveil@u...> wrote:
            > > > In 1283 Charles of Anjou enters Bordeaux
            > > > And what a great meal is would be??? :-)
            > >
            > > Pears in wine?
            > Mmmm, poached in a nice red with a little sugar,
            > cloves, nutmeg....
            >
            > Jehanne

            Stop you are making me hungry and all I have is a soft pretzel nd
            diet coke.......
            - Brynn
          • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
              At 05:14 PM 6/1/2001 +0000, you wrote:

              > --- s_krasley@r... wrote:
              > > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil
              > > <heilveil@u...> wrote:
              > > >        In 1283 Charles of Anjou enters Bordeaux
              > > > And what a great meal is would be???  :-)
              > >
              > > Pears in wine?
              > Mmmm, poached in a nice red with a little sugar,
              > cloves, nutmeg....
              >
              > Jehanne

              It's not period documentable, but a little bit of freshly made whipped cream on top of pears in wine syrup is divine.............