Re: [Authentic_SCA] Joan of Arc was RE:Letter writing - help!

  • Steven Proctor
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2001
      L Joseph wrote:

      --- Steven Proctor <sproctor@...>
      wrote:
      > Why Me?
      'Cause you're a 100 Years War kind of guy?
      Hmmm, well. Put that way..... :-)
      > Joan of Arc was a huge flash in the pan.
      Really? The French still seem pretty enamored of her.
      But as far as I can tell that's pretty recent. She was an embarrassment to the French crown at the time, and she was ignored for centuries, and then revived for populist purposes later on. That's one of the main reasons she took so long to get canonized...
      > She also wrote a really mean letter... :-)
      Yes, I know. I decided on my persona name after
      reading one of those "go home or die" letters signed
      "Jehanne."
      I love those letters. I couldn't find any of them right off the bat (I don't have the links at work...) or i would have posted them. She was very... forceful... :-)
      > There. Happy, Jehanne?
      Yes, Morgan. Thank you. I can't wait to have a look at
      the trial transcripts when time permits as I've only
      read bits and pieces.
      It's long, and a bit dry, but well worth the reading. Have fun!

      Morgan

      --
      The countdown had stalled at T minus 69 seconds when Desiree, the first female ape to go up in space, winked at me slyly and pouted her thick, rubbery lips unmistakably -- the first of many such advances during what would prove to be the longest, and most memorable, space voyage of my career.