Midrealm A&S Championship

  • atterlep@cs.com
    Message 1 of 59 , May 29, 2001
      Hi!

      Despina didn't mention that she received several good scores for her
      work at the Midrealm Arts & Sciences Fair, which took place the day
      before.

      She probably didn't know that one Constance Fairfax won the
      Pentathelon and was invested as Midrealm Arts & Sciences Champion by
      Queen Brigh and King Bardolph.

      That's where we were all weekend--and it was only a 15-hour drive...

      Fairfax
    • Laurie Hupman
      Message 59 of 59 , Jun 1, 2001
        --- "Liz (Giovanna)" <valkyr8@...> wrote:
        > What they have done is a Baronial Open House, Friday
        > evening of the
        > event. People donate snack food and drinks for the
        > main buffet but
        > we also have Showcases. At the Open House they
        > feature both B&V and
        > Food artisans. 4 tables are set up and each person
        > has 20 minutes to
        > distribute their food or beverage to the crowd.
        > It's kind of like
        > getting samples in the grocery store or wine shop.
        > Each showcaser is
        > required to have a sign showing what people are
        > trying that evening.
        > Docummentation is not required and feed back is
        > mostly word of mouth
        > during the tasting or afterwards.

        We've asked people to bring copies of their
        documentation so that it's available to pass out. It
        doesn't have to be as detailed as docs for
        competition, but the bare minimum we request is a list
        of ingredients. What we usually see is a copy of the
        recipe and basic process.

        > Two tables are open at a time, one with food, one
        > with beverage;
        > closing the other 2 allows the next showcasers to
        > set up their
        > stuff. I participated in the first 2 Showcases and
        > really loved it.
        > It's great because you can show off a dish that may
        > be too involved
        > to serve at a feast. Last year we had someone
        > distributing Haggis,
        > it was great!

        So how many do you usually showcase in an evening? I
        have to admit, the mental image I'm getting is
        starting to look like a food gauntlet <g>.

        > I love the idea of the food court as well. Hope you
        > don't mind if I
        > copy it.

        Please do. I'll probably borrow the food showcase, as
        well.

        Rose

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/