Re: [Authentic_SCA] circlet

  • Julie Gallivan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2001
      Thanks. Actually, he used the copper wire and wrapped
      it. It is tightly wrapped and from a distance might
      look like just one thick wire, but it's several little
      ones. I forgot to say that before. Sorry. He did it
      while he was trying to figure out something else, but
      it's really cute and I would love to wear it if it's
      period and excepted in our kingdom.--- Stephen Higa
      <mitsuo@...> wrote:
      > I sent this query to some folks, and one responded
      > by saying:
      >
      > "However, I highly doubt that it is period -- as a
      > matter of fact, I have
      > yet to see any evidence of any sort of maille
      > decoration dated prior to this
      > century."
      >
      > He also said that if you find any evidence, he'd
      > like to see it, though!
      >
      > If anybody else responds, I'll forward it... :)
      >
      > Moshe Mantega
      > Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
      > menhs en cort que de belh saber
      > de trobar -- qu'auzir e vezer
      > hi vol hom mais captenhs leugiers
      > e critz mesclatz ab dezonor.
      >
      > --Guiraut Riquier, 1292
      >

      > ----------
      > >From: "Dan and Julie Gallivan"
      > <juliegallivan@...>
      > >To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [Authentic_SCA] circlet
      > >Date: Wed, Feb 7, 2001, 6:14 PM
      > >

      > > Hi! My husband and I are pretty new to the SCA.
      > He has started to
      > > make chain mail and other things out of copper.
      > He made me a copper
      > > circlet and I was wondering if that would be
      > acceptable in the SCA.
      > > I've been trying to research it and although I've
      > found information
      > > that leds me to believe that it's period, I don't
      > to wear something
      > > that isn't allowed. Is it okay to wear these or
      > not?
      > >
      > > Thanks, Julie
      > >

      > > This is the Authentic SCA eGroup

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • stephen higa
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2001
        No, my fault. Somebody else just pointed out that you probably weren't
        saying it was chain mail...oops!

        Moshe