Re: [Authentic_SCA] (unknown)

  • Ariane Helou
    Message 1 of 33 , May 16, 2001
      Effingham wrote:
      >I think Saran Wrap is a greatly misunderstood and sadly ignored medium....

      That is so, like, not even funny! (sorry, I had a valley girl
      moment. What do you expect, I'm from LA...) But seriously. At my
      roommate's performance art show there was this girl doing a piece in which
      she was wearing, literally, a Saran Wrap bodice!!! And shorts and
      fishnets. And she was on roller skates. But there was nothing on top but
      the Saran Wrap :-/ I am not even kidding.

      Modern art is SO weird...

      Vittoria "Give me Caravaggio or Durer any day" Aureli
    • Alex Doyle
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 7, 2004

        > And on a slightly different topic, how does one compliment someone
        > on their garb without sounding condescending about it?

        How about just saying what you like about it? Like I love that blue or your gown fits so nicely or I love your veil. Is there a need to point out that others don't bother?

        Of course my favorite is when someone reconizes my inspiration art from my gown and says so.

        Alex