Re: [Authentic_SCA] curious

  • urtatim_alqurtubiyya
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
      Unsigned wrote:
      > I may be going to Pennsic this year. I did a bit of a web search about "enchanted ground"
      > at Pennsic. Will there be an enchanted ground campsite this year at pennsic? Any personal
      > musing about enchanted ground experiences would be of interest to me.

      I think so, but i can doublecheck with His Grace, Duke Cariadoc, who originated and continues to operate the Enchanted Ground (he is actually the reason there IS a Pennsic).

      I camped there at my first Pennsic. Within the fence everyone must stay in persona and cannot have any obviously out of period things - although those of us who need eyeglasses are allowed to wear them. We're allowed non-period items in our tents if we must, but not out in public. I had a wonderful time - except for the hike up Cardiac Hill every morning - if you're young and fit it probably won't be such a problem - and there is a bus periodically.

      I haven't camped there since because i was teaching classes and it would have been too hard for me to get all my supplies up the hill, and impossible to get them on the bus.

      I do look forward to camping there again sometime soon.

      Urtatim (that's oor-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita
    • Scott Carledge
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
        My lady and I used to teach SCA classes in Early Modern English and mark off a spot in front of our pavilion as an enchanted circle; but that was in antediluvian days. Neither the pavilion nor the file cabinets of notes survived.

        Colm Dubh

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2013
          I have communicated with His Grace, Duke Cariadoc (actually he wrote to me about something else), and i should hear back in a couple days as to whether he's hosting the Enchanted Ground this year. I would expect yes, but i prefer to hear it directly from him.