curious

  • Steph
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
      MODERATOR NOTE, please sign your posts so we know who you are! Welcome to the group.

      Hello,

      I may be going to Pennsic this year. I did a bit of a web search about "enchanted ground" at Pennsic. Will there be an enchanted ground campsite this year at pennsic? Any personal musing about enchanted ground experiences would be of interest to me.

      Thanks
    • urtatim_alqurtubiyya
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
        Unsigned wrote:
        > I may be going to Pennsic this year. I did a bit of a web search about "enchanted ground"
        > at Pennsic. Will there be an enchanted ground campsite this year at pennsic? Any personal
        > musing about enchanted ground experiences would be of interest to me.

        I think so, but i can doublecheck with His Grace, Duke Cariadoc, who originated and continues to operate the Enchanted Ground (he is actually the reason there IS a Pennsic).

        I camped there at my first Pennsic. Within the fence everyone must stay in persona and cannot have any obviously out of period things - although those of us who need eyeglasses are allowed to wear them. We're allowed non-period items in our tents if we must, but not out in public. I had a wonderful time - except for the hike up Cardiac Hill every morning - if you're young and fit it probably won't be such a problem - and there is a bus periodically.

        I haven't camped there since because i was teaching classes and it would have been too hard for me to get all my supplies up the hill, and impossible to get them on the bus.

        I do look forward to camping there again sometime soon.

        Urtatim (that's oor-tah-TEEM)
        the persona formerly known as Anahita
      • Scott Carledge
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
          My lady and I used to teach SCA classes in Early Modern English and mark off a spot in front of our pavilion as an enchanted circle; but that was in antediluvian days. Neither the pavilion nor the file cabinets of notes survived.

          Colm Dubh

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2013
            I have communicated with His Grace, Duke Cariadoc (actually he wrote to me about something else), and i should hear back in a couple days as to whether he's hosting the Enchanted Ground this year. I would expect yes, but i prefer to hear it directly from him.