Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: 1530 Italian clergy and weddings

  • Marianne Perdomo
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2012
      Greetings!

      I've heard of earlier-style masses done in Spain, for "historic reasons".

      According to wikipedia these are not rare occurrances. See the last two
      paragraphs in:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozarabic_Rite#Preservation_and_relevance_of_the_Mozarabic_rite

      In the Spanish version of the article that part is a bit clearer. It does
      also mention that Pope John Paul II held such a mass in Rome in 1992.

      Honestly, I think that if done in good faith as a historic recreation, not
      a replacement or a mockery it might well find even official support. But
      then, I'm only "culturally" catholic ;)

      Cheers!

      Marianne / Leonor