Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: 1530 Italian clergy and weddings

  • Katherine Throckmorton
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2012
      It might be worth checking into, though. I do know of an instance where a
      priest was able to get a dispensation to do a Latin Mass at a Civil War
      event, it might be possible to get permission for a pre-Tridentine Mass, if
      one could find a interested priest and present the idea appropriately to
      the higher ups.

      -Katherine.

    • Marianne Perdomo
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2012
        Greetings!

        I've heard of earlier-style masses done in Spain, for "historic reasons".

        According to wikipedia these are not rare occurrances. See the last two
        paragraphs in:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozarabic_Rite#Preservation_and_relevance_of_the_Mozarabic_rite

        In the Spanish version of the article that part is a bit clearer. It does
        also mention that Pope John Paul II held such a mass in Rome in 1992.

        Honestly, I think that if done in good faith as a historic recreation, not
        a replacement or a mockery it might well find even official support. But
        then, I'm only "culturally" catholic ;)

        Cheers!

        Marianne / Leonor