Re: How did people hold their pens?

  • Madame du Pont
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 9 8:57 AM
      Merci for going to all the trouble of posting these links and I really like the picture of Sir Ranthulfr Asperlund!

      Your, In Service,
      Mme du Pont
      Stayner de silk
      Leaving An Tir for Meridies in 3 days....

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Karen_Larsdatter" <karen_larsdatter@...> wrote:

      > I think the "Tournaments Illuminated" article was Sir Ranthulfr Asparlundr's piece a few years back; you can see a photo of him working with a pen and knife at http://www.randyasplund.com/imgs/histbufimg/Scribeshop.jpg
      > Here's an article about the process he used to create a T.I. cover:
      > http://www.randyasplund.com/pages/article/tournpg/tipg1.html
      >

      > Karen Larsdatter
      > www.larsdatter.com

    • Madame du Pont
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 9 8:59 AM
        That all makes sense. Merci for thy reply!
        Mme du Pont
        Stayner de silk

        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, fastusminimus <cahuff@...> wrote:

        > I >think< one is the pen and the other is to hold the media in
        > place...without getting your sweaty icky fingers on it...
        > Something I need to use this week!
      • Madame du Pont
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 9 9:00 AM
          Merci for the interesting information. Sometimes, it is the 'little things' that make all the difference!!

          Adieu,
          Mme du Pont
          Stayner de silk
          Chateau du Merry Swan