How to Make Silk Standards

  • Madame du Pont
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2012
      Bonjour,
      Just recently, from a brand new member in Tymberhavene, Anne, I found out about the A & S 50 Challenge.  You join it at the yahoo group: AandS50ChallengeCommunity and there is also a Facebook page too to keep in touch on what you are making.  They also are meeting at events, like Pennsic, etc to visit and meet each other.

      It apparently started 2 years ago and 3 more years till the SCA's 50 Anniversary.  You can do 50 things in depth, 50 things in breath, or 50 things your persona would know.  It explains more at the yahoo group pape.  Well, I am doing 50 standards and was asked for instruction so I made a  5 -part video (approx 10 min each) for just that.

      At the bottom of each video is a link to a material page.  And please join my Facebook blog on the standards I have made at: Stayner de Silk Display.

      Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGKRiv3gET4&feature=relmfu

      Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prqopNwoYcY&feature=relmfu

      Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9b7dIP-Lxs

      Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kktfg7v9EL8&feature=relmfu

      Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4mc9vQedlY&feature=relmfu

      Yours, In service to the Dream,
      Mme du Pont
      Stayner de Silk
      Chateau du Merry Swan

      "Gules, a swan naiant within a bordure argent"