On RV camping, was Re: Authenticity good-- so how to hide the RV?

  • annakaiara
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 8, 2012
      OH, that is an awesome idea! Constantinople, 1000AD, Rule of Basil II, Byzantium. I would need to figure out how to do this and still have the interior so that hubby is happy with it too. A challenge--neat!

      Ann of Wellborn,called forgetful

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Katherine Throckmorton <katherine.throckmorton@...> wrote:

      > In that case, it might be better to focus on interior, rather than
      > exterior accuracy.... if you're already looking at doing a
      > gut-remodel, it might be worthwhile to do the inside in as period
      > a style as possible, so that once you go inside, you seem to be
      > inside a snug medieval house.

    • MITCHELL J BARTON
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 10, 2012
        Oh now that could be so much fun! The one we use belongs to my brother so we cant make those kind of changes but I will have to think of things that could be done to make it more period inside that can be removed like bedding and window coverings. Thanks for the ideas
        Ratiri in Atenveldt

      • annakaiara
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 14, 2012
          Hubby and I have been discussing and he wants to keep a large portion simply open. I think I could use a trunk of fabrics to drape inside to help with period, I also think a lot of it will end up "rustic" which will fit right into my own persona. One of the cool things about Byzantine era is that they wore their wealth more than lived with it. Fabrics were everywhere, but the furniture even in the Emperor's palaces was generally simple in design. The wealth showed more in the fabrics used in decorating so the simple trunk would be more richly draped by the wealthy and more simply draped or not draped at all by the average joe.

          So just by hauling into the RV chairs and trunks like I'd put in a tent when doing period, I'll get a quick transformation.

          Ratiri, be sure to share what you find works well! :)

          Ann of Wellborn, called forgetful

          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "MITCHELL J BARTON" <rondoval@...> wrote: I will have to think of things that could be done to make it more period inside that can be removed like bedding and window coverings. Thanks for the ideas