Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Early Tudor Costume

  • Susanne Hibbert
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2012
      Thank you for posting the new books!

      Susana

      ________________________________
      From: Robin Colleen Moore <robin@...>
      To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, June 2, 2012 10:39 AM
      Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Early Tudor Costume

      Not only is _The Tudor Tailor_ a fascinating book, but the authors have since put out two more books that might be of more help to the original poster--_The King's Servants_ and _The Queen's Servants_, both of which cover early Tudor period clothing (1485-1520) as worn by, well, servants to Their Majesties during that time. (Overall, the men's clothing runs a bit lower in terms of social class than the women's, as while virtually all the ladies waiting on the queens were gentlewomen if not actually noble, the same wasn't necessarily true of the men; it's not at all hard, though, to figure out what a gentleman or nobleman would have worn using the book.) They're much shorter books than TTT, and rather pricey (IIRC, my copy of _The Queen's Servants_ ran me around $42 on Amazon), but IMO are very much worth it if you're interested in this particular time period. You can buy the books both on Amazon and at tudortailor.com; it took my book about 5-6 weeks
      to get here.

      Hope this helps,

      Robin de la Pesterye

      From: Cynthia Ley <cley56@...>