Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Early Tudor Costume

  • Catherine Olanich Raymond
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
      On 06/01/2012 04:02 PM, Cynthia Ley wrote:
      > I may be disremembering the exact title, but I believe there is a book
      > out called "The Tudor Tailor" which covers the earlier Henrican stuff.
      > It got good reviews, as I recall.

      There's even more information in "The Queen's Servants," newly published
      by the same people as "The Tudor Tailor." It's pricey for the size (56
      pages and an average price of about $35 USD) but I got to look through
      it and it's packed with useful information, including a few pattern
      sketches--including headdress sketches.

      The cheapest source for "The Queen's Servants" that I know of is
      Potboiler Press (Googling will get you the URL quickly). Good luck!

      --
      Cathy Raymond
      cathy@...

      "Even imperfection itself may have its ideal or perfect state."
      --Thomas de Quincey
    • Susanne Hibbert
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2012
        Thank you for posting the new books!