Re: [Authentic_SCA] Nifty day-shade

  • Michael Hurley
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
      On Jun 1, 2012, at 6:59 PM, Heather English wrote:

      > Hey! That's mine!
      >
      > I have patterns if people want to make it, its a slightly modified 9 board Viking. Think taking a Viking tent and raising one wall up. Modification is no doors, and no bottom board at the wall we lifted, there is stakes and dowels there instead.

      I'd be interested in those patterns, thanks!

      --
      Yours in Service,

      Owein ap Cai, Grey Niche, Gleann Abhann
    • LJonthebay
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather English <theiadora@...> wrote:

        > Hey! That's mine!

        That's because you and Sveinn rock, Norse-style. It's simple, elegant and makes such a nice "front porch" for your encampment.

        > Waves at Saionji.. Thanks for the photo.

        Bows to Theiadora.

        Saionji no Hana
        West Kingdom
      • Heather English
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2012
          Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.

          Theia
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2012
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather English <theiadora@...> wrote:

            > Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.
            >
            > Theia

            Another lady who lives in An Tir in the barony to the north and I would both be interested in purchasing these plans if possible (and within range of our purses).

            Eydís Gunnarsdóttir
            An Tir
          • karen_isaacson
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 15, 2012
              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather English <theiadora@...> wrote:

              > Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.
              >
              > Theia

              Would it be possible to post the patterns for all to see, or are they commercial?

              Eydís Gunnarsdóttir

              An Tir
            • theiadora@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 15, 2012
                I dug through my computer files and it seems that those were among the ones lost in a drive failure. So i am having to remeasure it and recreate the directions.
                But they are free to those that ask, and give me inspired by credit...
                Im currently working on doing land for west Antir war, so might not get them redone before then.
                For those going, drop by the Vinlig/Danelaw encampment and I'll give you a tour. (I might be next door with Camp Trouble) follow the laughter.

                Theia.

                Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

                > Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.
                >
                > Theia

                Would it be possible to post the patterns for all to see, or are they commercial?

                Eydís Gunnarsdóttir

                An Tir

              • Alasdair
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 16, 2012
                  That bench design is everywhere lately. I even saw a shortened version as a personal chair at ursalmas. Carved to the 9'sidea and with wheels on the back to tow it with you. Plan to make a couple myself here not to long from now.

                  Alasdair
                  Blatha An Oir