Re: [Authentic_SCA] Nifty day-shade

  • Heather English
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hey! That's mine!

      I have patterns if people want to make it, its a slightly modified 9 board Viking. Think taking a Viking tent and raising one wall up. Modification is no doors, and no bottom board at the wall we lifted, there is stakes and dowels there instead.

      Waves at Saionji.. Thanks for the photo.

      Baroness Theia Groves, OP, OL
      West Kingdom

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "LJonthebay" <wodeford@...> wrote:

        > As long as we're talking about them, here's one that belongs to a friend of mine.
        > https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262199_10150306735746163_6309168_n.jpg
        >
        > Saionji no Hana
        > West Kingdom

        Would your friend perhaps also have an idea where to get plans for that very comfortable under the shade?

        Eydís Gunnarsdóttir
        An Tir
      • Susanne Hibbert
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
          Is this a period design, period inspired, or fantasy? I ask because I really like it.

          Susana

          ________________________________
          > As long as we're talking about them, here's one that belongs to a
          > friend of mine.
          > https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262199_10150306735746163_6309168_n.jpg
          >
          > Saionji no Hana
          > West Kingdom

        • Michael Hurley
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
            On Jun 1, 2012, at 6:59 PM, Heather English wrote:

            > Hey! That's mine!
            >
            > I have patterns if people want to make it, its a slightly modified 9 board Viking. Think taking a Viking tent and raising one wall up. Modification is no doors, and no bottom board at the wall we lifted, there is stakes and dowels there instead.

            I'd be interested in those patterns, thanks!

            --
            Yours in Service,

            Owein ap Cai, Grey Niche, Gleann Abhann
          • LJonthebay
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather English <theiadora@...> wrote:

              > Hey! That's mine!

              That's because you and Sveinn rock, Norse-style. It's simple, elegant and makes such a nice "front porch" for your encampment.

              > Waves at Saionji.. Thanks for the photo.

              Bows to Theiadora.

              Saionji no Hana
              West Kingdom
            • Heather English
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 2, 2012
                Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.

                Theia
                > Would your friend perhaps also have an idea where to get
                > plans for that very comfortable bench under the shade?
                >

                > Eydís Gunnarsdóttir
                >
                > An Tir

              • karen_isaacson
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 3, 2012
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather English <theiadora@...> wrote:

                  > Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.
                  >
                  > Theia

                  Another lady who lives in An Tir in the barony to the north and I would both be interested in purchasing these plans if possible (and within range of our purses).

                  Eydís Gunnarsdóttir
                  An Tir
                • karen_isaacson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 15, 2012
                    --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather English <theiadora@...> wrote:

                    > Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.
                    >
                    > Theia

                    Would it be possible to post the patterns for all to see, or are they commercial?

                    Eydís Gunnarsdóttir

                    An Tir
                  • theiadora@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 15, 2012
                      I dug through my computer files and it seems that those were among the ones lost in a drive failure. So i am having to remeasure it and recreate the directions.
                      But they are free to those that ask, and give me inspired by credit...
                      Im currently working on doing land for west Antir war, so might not get them redone before then.
                      For those going, drop by the Vinlig/Danelaw encampment and I'll give you a tour. (I might be next door with Camp Trouble) follow the laughter.

                      Theia.

                      Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

                      > Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.
                      >
                      > Theia

                      Would it be possible to post the patterns for all to see, or are they commercial?

                      Eydís Gunnarsdóttir

                      An Tir

                    • Alasdair
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 16, 2012
                        That bench design is everywhere lately. I even saw a shortened version as a personal chair at ursalmas. Carved to the 9'sidea and with wheels on the back to tow it with you. Plan to make a couple myself here not to long from now.

                        Alasdair
                        Blatha An Oir