Re: [Authentic_SCA] Nifty day-shade

  • Cynthia Ley
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
      Very nice! :-)

      Arlys

      > As long as we're talking about them, here's one that belongs to a
      > friend of mine.
      > https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262199_10150306735746163_6309168_n.jpg
      >
      > Saionji no Hana
      > West Kingdom

    • Heather English
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
        Hey! That's mine!

        I have patterns if people want to make it, its a slightly modified 9 board Viking. Think taking a Viking tent and raising one wall up. Modification is no doors, and no bottom board at the wall we lifted, there is stakes and dowels there instead.

        Waves at Saionji.. Thanks for the photo.

        Baroness Theia Groves, OP, OL
        West Kingdom

        > As long as we're talking about them, here's
        > one that belongs to a friend of mine.
        >
        > https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262199_10150306735746163_6309168_n.jpg
        >

        > Saionji no Hana
        >
        > West Kingdom

      • karen_isaacson
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "LJonthebay" <wodeford@...> wrote:

          > As long as we're talking about them, here's one that belongs to a friend of mine.
          > https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262199_10150306735746163_6309168_n.jpg
          >
          > Saionji no Hana
          > West Kingdom

          Would your friend perhaps also have an idea where to get plans for that very comfortable under the shade?

          Eydís Gunnarsdóttir
          An Tir
        • Susanne Hibbert
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
            Is this a period design, period inspired, or fantasy? I ask because I really like it.

            Susana

            ________________________________
            > As long as we're talking about them, here's one that belongs to a
            > friend of mine.
            > https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262199_10150306735746163_6309168_n.jpg
            >
            > Saionji no Hana
            > West Kingdom

          • Michael Hurley
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
              On Jun 1, 2012, at 6:59 PM, Heather English wrote:

              > Hey! That's mine!
              >
              > I have patterns if people want to make it, its a slightly modified 9 board Viking. Think taking a Viking tent and raising one wall up. Modification is no doors, and no bottom board at the wall we lifted, there is stakes and dowels there instead.

              I'd be interested in those patterns, thanks!

              --
              Yours in Service,

              Owein ap Cai, Grey Niche, Gleann Abhann
            • LJonthebay
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
                --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather English <theiadora@...> wrote:

                > Hey! That's mine!

                That's because you and Sveinn rock, Norse-style. It's simple, elegant and makes such a nice "front porch" for your encampment.

                > Waves at Saionji.. Thanks for the photo.

                Bows to Theiadora.

                Saionji no Hana
                West Kingdom
              • Heather English
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 2, 2012
                  Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.

                  Theia
                  > Would your friend perhaps also have an idea where to get
                  > plans for that very comfortable bench under the shade?
                  >

                  > Eydís Gunnarsdóttir
                  >
                  > An Tir

                • karen_isaacson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 3, 2012
                    --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather English <theiadora@...> wrote:

                    > Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.
                    >
                    > Theia

                    Another lady who lives in An Tir in the barony to the north and I would both be interested in purchasing these plans if possible (and within range of our purses).

                    Eydís Gunnarsdóttir
                    An Tir
                  • karen_isaacson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 15, 2012
                      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather English <theiadora@...> wrote:

                      > Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.
                      >
                      > Theia

                      Would it be possible to post the patterns for all to see, or are they commercial?

                      Eydís Gunnarsdóttir

                      An Tir
                    • theiadora@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 15, 2012
                        I dug through my computer files and it seems that those were among the ones lost in a drive failure. So i am having to remeasure it and recreate the directions.
                        But they are free to those that ask, and give me inspired by credit...
                        Im currently working on doing land for west Antir war, so might not get them redone before then.
                        For those going, drop by the Vinlig/Danelaw encampment and I'll give you a tour. (I might be next door with Camp Trouble) follow the laughter.

                        Theia.

                        Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

                        > Yes I have patterns for the bench as well.
                        >
                        > Theia

                        Would it be possible to post the patterns for all to see, or are they commercial?

                        Eydís Gunnarsdóttir

                        An Tir

                      • Alasdair
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 16, 2012
                          That bench design is everywhere lately. I even saw a shortened version as a personal chair at ursalmas. Carved to the 9'sidea and with wheels on the back to tow it with you. Plan to make a couple myself here not to long from now.

                          Alasdair
                          Blatha An Oir