How to wear a 15th century linen headwrap?

  • jewett_christine
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 3:33 PM
      I just remodeled a brown gown into a sleeveless kirtle with pin-on sleeves a la the Braque Family Triptych, but I don't want to wear that type of headdress. I have nothing against basically wearing a roll of linen on my head, but my hair isn't long enough to pull off the effect.

      I'm looking to wear a basic linen head wrap/ head dress of some kind, more like what the mother is wearing in the triptych, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how they are worn. I wouldn't mind something that wrapped a bit more, either. Anybody have advice on a linen wieght and size and wrap/pin method that would work?

      Regards,
      Gwnnil Pedersdotter