I can´t find my source anymore

  • mechthild_quattermart
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2012
      Hello

      I have a problem with a new 13.th century cotta I made.
      Please have a look at the photo in the album "Mechthild Quattermart" here in this yahoo groupe.

      The cotta has a special kind of neckline, I found it serveral times in medieval pictures. The neckline is very large, it is turned down in the front part and attached with a fibula.

      My problem is, I can´t find my source anymore. I still had a look in all my books which are quite a lot, but I can´t find the pictures.
      Maybe someone of you knows this special kind of neckline, knows some sources an can help me.

      Regards
      Mechthild Quattermart
    • Quokkaqueen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2012
        <<snip>>
        > The cotta has a special kind of neckline, I found it serveral times in medieval pictures. The neckline is very large, it is turned down in the front part and attached with a fibula.
        <snip>>

        I've seen similar necklines in the 14th century "Maciejowski Bible", but on the outer layers instead of a kirtle/tunic.

        eg. http://www.companyofoutremer.com/gardecorps.htm

        Hope that helps jog your memory?

        Asfridhr