Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Period eyewear?

  • Heather English
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2012
      From their Site "Clear sample lenses are included in the round 1-3/16 inch openings - ready to
      have your prescription installed at your local optometry shop. Yes, you can
      usually fit bifocals into them. "
      Theia

      ________________________________
      From: cat tillotson <iridaea@...>

      And the lenses? How will that work?

      - Cat the Nearsighted from Caldarium (West Kingdom)

      & I still can't figure post-trimming on tis stupid phone!

      +++++
      Innocentia nihil probat.

      On Feb 28, 2012, at 8:00 AM, "groomporter" <myspace@...> wrote:

      > I compromise with some 18th century style frames from Jas. Townsend & Son. Their frames are only $30. http://jas-townsend.com/index.php?cPath=46&osCsid=0e0c49dd1871317eff68ef5fd68016ba
      >
      > Chas

    • Folo Watkins
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2012
        >And the lenses? How will that work?

        When I purchased a pair twenty years ago for use in 18C reenacting,
        t5he lenses were easily replaced at Pearle Vision. They told me they
        did similar things all the time and showed me a pair of actual ACW
        spex they were replacing lenses in.

        Cheers, Folo
        www.micelfolcland.org
      • groomporter
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
          Yup I had a local shop put my reading script into the 18th cent. frames I got from Jas Townsend. I recently saw some magnifying reading glasses done in 18th century frames as well for a reasonable price. I post if I can track them down again.

          Chas
          --
          MacGregor Historic Games
          http://historicgames.com