Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Period eyewear?

  • cat tillotson
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2012
      And the lenses? How will that work?

      - Cat the Nearsighted from Caldarium (West Kingdom)

      & I still can't figure post-trimming on tis stupid phone!

      +++++
      Innocentia nihil probat.

      On Feb 28, 2012, at 8:00 AM, "groomporter" <myspace@...> wrote:

      > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "catalinadegata" <gatanoz@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Anyone know where I might be able to purchase frames for Period Eyewear? I normally dance around the late 15th and early 16th century Mediterranean.
      > >
      > > Duenna Catalina de Gata
      > >

      > I compromise with some 18th century style frames from Jas. Townsend & Son. Their frames are only $30. http://jas-townsend.com/index.php?cPath=46&osCsid=0e0c49dd1871317eff68ef5fd68016ba
      >
      > Chas
      > --
      > MacGregor Historic Games
      > http://historicgames.com

    • Heather English
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2012
        From their Site "Clear sample lenses are included in the round 1-3/16 inch openings - ready to
        have your prescription installed at your local optometry shop. Yes, you can
        usually fit bifocals into them. "
        Theia

        ________________________________
        From: cat tillotson <iridaea@...>

        And the lenses? How will that work?

        - Cat the Nearsighted from Caldarium (West Kingdom)

        & I still can't figure post-trimming on tis stupid phone!

        +++++
        Innocentia nihil probat.

        On Feb 28, 2012, at 8:00 AM, "groomporter" <myspace@...> wrote:

        > I compromise with some 18th century style frames from Jas. Townsend & Son. Their frames are only $30. http://jas-townsend.com/index.php?cPath=46&osCsid=0e0c49dd1871317eff68ef5fd68016ba
        >
        > Chas

      • Folo Watkins
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2012
          >And the lenses? How will that work?

          When I purchased a pair twenty years ago for use in 18C reenacting,
          t5he lenses were easily replaced at Pearle Vision. They told me they
          did similar things all the time and showed me a pair of actual ACW
          spex they were replacing lenses in.

          Cheers, Folo
          www.micelfolcland.org
        • groomporter
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
            Yup I had a local shop put my reading script into the 18th cent. frames I got from Jas Townsend. I recently saw some magnifying reading glasses done in 18th century frames as well for a reasonable price. I post if I can track them down again.

            Chas
            --
            MacGregor Historic Games
            http://historicgames.com