Looking for ready to go bow wood

  • EaldredSCA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2012
      Hello,

      My boys group at church wants to make bows and arrows.

      I am looking for advice on where I can buy bow wood that is ready to be carved/shaped into bow staves. Keep in mind that this is a starter project meaning I would like to keep in on the cheap side.

      Thanks for any information,

      Ealdred of Malmesbury
      Coldernhale, Northshield
      AKA Dawson Lewis, Pierre, South Dakota

    • LJonthebay
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2012
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, EaldredSCA@... wrote:
        > I am looking for advice on where I can buy bow wood that is ready to be carved/shaped into bow staves. Keep in mind that this is a starter project meaning I would like to keep in on the cheap side.

        Ah, memory serves me correctly!
        http://search.3riversarchery.com/nav/cat1/bows/cat2/bows_bowbuilding/cat3/bows_bowbuilding_backinglumber/0

        Saionji no Hana
        West Kingdom
      • Derek Estabrook
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2012
          I'll look around and get back with you if I find something good. I'm from Letcher, SD so I'll see if I can find any local sources or otherwise.

          Derek Estabrook (Gotz Danson)

        • EaldredSCA@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2012
            Thank you Saionji for the link. Derek, do you go to the SCA group in Vermillion? I'm part of Coldedernhale.

            Dawson