Re: [Authentic_SCA] Roman headwear?

  • Sarah Michele Ford
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2012
      On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 14:28, Sarah Michele Ford <saramichelef@...>wrote:

      > forwarding to my source for all things roman...

      And here's her response:

      For a kid? I think he's fine going about bare-headed- I can't think of any
      > depiction of kids with hats or head coverings right now. What he really
      > needs to make sure he has, though, is a bulla- an amulet given to small
      > children to ward off evil. Upper class kids had bronze ones, I suspect the
      > plebians would have had leather.

      HTH,
      Alianor de R

    • David
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2012
        Greetings -

        The young man is interested in very late period Roman empire, but is still deciding between the last Western outposts or a slightly later time at some Eastern location, in case time and place is some help.

        Thanks,

        Peregrine Falconer